Designed by F. W. Woodhull of the Woodhull Corporation in Millington, New Jersey, this submachine gun was a simple blow-back operated weapon which used parts from the Winchester 1905 rifle. Originally the Woodhull was chambered for .30 cal rounds but it was later converted to .45 ACP. The original .30 cal version was submitted thrice to the SRM-1 trials in 1941 without any success. The .45 ACP version had a 10-round magazine and was tested at Aberdeen Proving Ground on the 2nd of February 1942, again without success. Only one prototype was made.
Back to homepage